View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #955
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I haven't read much of Terry Pratchett. Only one or two chapters from The Amazing Maurice, I think. It was my sister's book anyways, and it didn't catch on with me, so I did not pursue other Pratchett books - or finish that one.

Maybe it's just that I have an issue with reading comedy. It never catches with me for some reason. I am more amused at a random joke stuck in the middle of a serious novel that at a whole heap of comedies. The last one I read made me at most feel bad for the poor characters who got themselves stuck at the most unlikely places and all that (when my mother read the book at my age she said she was rolling on the floor from laughter). Since, from what I gather about him, Pratchett writes half-comedy half-fantasy books, I think the comedy part killed it for me.