View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 03:04 PM   #83
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Question

In a way, Torfithien did not want the darkness to end. It would give her time to be with Fingil. Her heart was stirring in a way she had never known before, not even with Rorfimir. She craved the knowledge that her friend was by her side at all times, like a hunger that was never satisfied. He made her feel safe and protected, but in a way that respected her, and she respected him for it. But she knew very little about him, whereas he had heard her life story. She remembered from her vision that the numbers leaving the mines were less than those going in, and made a mental note to learn more about Fingil before the end.

The group had been walking through the pitch black tunnels for what seemed like forever, although it could not have been more than an hour or so. Suddenly Torfithien's sharp ears picked up the sound she had heard in the tunnels when she was with Elladan and Elrohir. It was a voice calling for help - loud at its source, but very faint where she was. But she knew who was in need of aid. It was her other closest friend and companion since childhood, Lady Celebrian of Rivendell. And no doubt that close to where Celebrian was, they would find the twins too.

She broke away from Fingil and ran on ahead of the others. "Hurry!" she cried after herself. The three male Elves had vanished in the dark. "I hear Celebrian calling us! Follow me!"