View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 03:57 PM   #21
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I agree very much with what Orofaniel wrote! I read much, much more than I post myself.
Quote:
The main reason I don't usually post on the big discussions is that I'm too late to discover them! I start reading them when there are two pages and so on. The difficulty for me is simply to keep track with the posters.
Well, I sit and read for hours these fascinating threads (yes! I've read the whole "Canonicity" thread!), silently shaking my head or nodding enthusiastic approval, and thinking up all sorts of replies, but when I've come to the end of the thread, it is usually so that everything I think and wanted to say has already been expressed by others who at that wrote it much better than I would be able to. And I think the BarrowWight doesn't approve of posts that merely say: "Great post! You said the very thing that was in my mind! "etc. So I usually daren't reply, even if I would like to express my approval and admiration.
Also I'm a bit in awe of all those erudite and eloquent Downers as well But this is by no means meant as a reproach!! I don't want anything different! I'm enjoying reading all those big discussions and I have learnt incredibly much that way.

I think this "chapter by chapter"reading is a good opportunity for me to reread the books once more from beginning to end and not merely in random bits like in the past year.