View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #1885
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Another one..... I need to stop being obsessed with moots!

Yes, it is about a Downer moot. This time a pretty big moot. I dunno where it is, though.

So I arrive at that foreign place and find the right (hotel-y) building where everyone is supposed to lodge for the moot. I find our "room". It's actually the size of a huge apartment with a few bedrooms, and we all live in it. It's the middle of the night, so I find my bed and go to sleep.

When I wake up I find out that I am sharing a room with Greenie, who sleeps on the opposite side of it in her own bed. She is just getting up and she does not see me, because she is busy looking for some clothes to change into. So I come up to her from behind, put my hands over her eyes, and ask, "Guess who?" She squeaks "Galadrieeeeel?", because apparanty she did not know that I came the night before. I say, "Yes, and I am also wearing a green cardigan!" (I know not why we were talking about cardigans when we really were reffering to nightgowns) Now that makes Greenie very excited, because she loves the colour green and she loves nightgowns and she especially love green nightgowns. So we go to the kitchen and sit down together and discuss bed clothes. I also find out from Greenie that I am one of the first Downers to be there. That morning there were herself, Nog, and perhaps a couple others I can't recall right now.

Now, for your information, I do not close people's eyes and say "guess who", and "cardigans" is not part of my active vocabulary. But I do have a green nightgown, and, coincidentally - or not - I wore it the night I had this dream.

So anyways, after Greenie and I discussed nightclothes, mooters, life, and everything, we got dressed, met the people who were already there, and greeted some new arivals (among which were Rune and Legate). At one point Eomer and Cailin arrived with lots of bags and a little cute son of theirs. Apparently Cailin is actually my mother's cousin who lives in Isreal (she really has a cousin there, just she's not Cailin). So my mother, who magically appears there, tries to talk to them in Hebrew, and ends up getting all the grammar wrong because she only knows a few words and no grammar. I correct her, and Cailin seems very pleased to know that I know some Hebrew.

However, Cailin and Eomer are upset that there is not enough chocolate milk. It is an essential part of the toddler's diet and no one at all can survive without it. We all calm them down, and with a collective effort produce a huge cask of brown sweet liquid. Cailin is very picky when it comes to chocolate milk, so she was not extatic, but she stopped frowning. I must tell you now that the cask looked more like something that could contain laundry detergent, but it looked like chocolate milk, and smelled like chocolate milk, and even tasted like it...

So finally most of us have arrived, the chocolate milk got sorted out, and it's supper time. There is a very long table with all kinds of food, and we sit around. As we eat, I find I am very concerned that I have difficulty recognizing who is which Downer for most of them. And there is a person sitting across from me who I don't know at all, and this bothers me immensely. I am convinced that he is somehow Saucy, but in the back of my mind something is telling me that he looks way too different from the photo-Sauce, and he looks more like a teenager than an adult. So in my head I am shuffling through Downers, trying to figure out who the hell this person can be.

I wish I made that up. If I did, it would at least be a tribute to my imagination. As it is, all this says is that I'm just waaaaay too obsessed with Downer moots.