View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfirin View Post
Other things [Radagast] might have been sent to do.

Make sure no one tired in the corse of the wars (and post wars) decided to go an extermianted the Ents who were as I recall in some ways Yavanna's chosen children (much as the dwarves were Aule's).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon'sFire View Post
That of course does not answer whether he succeeded in Middle-Earth in the role appointed him by the Valar. It does however show that he did play a role in undermining Sauron by contributing to frustrating his efforts. However, it would seem that his heart was given to all things that grow and the animals that live among them. He became the ultimate gardener of Middle-Earth his focus on all things made by Yavanna.
If Radagast's special role was to protect Yavanna's interests, it's odd that her 'children', the Ents, didn't appear to give Radagast very high marks.

Quote:
'Yes, I do know [Gandalf]: the only wizard that really cares about trees,' said Treebeard.
TTT Treebeard

Why would Treebeard have made that remark, if Radagast had been furthering the Entish cause in Middle-earth, and generally doing a lot of good?
It seems to me Radagast really didn't do much of any note. His one shining moment was the rescue of Gandalf from Orthanc by Gwaihir, but even that was only accomplished because of Gandalf, who had asked Radagast to arrange for news to be sent to Isengard.