View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #533
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"What means this?"

The children were reluctant to speak out. Modtryth answered the stoneshaper's gaze. "I do not know about this any more than you do, Master Garstan. The children ran to me asking had I seen Garmund. They explained me they were going to apologise to him. But why, that is something they must tell you themselves..." she said, turning her gaze to her son. She cursed herself; had she been less occupied with her work and concentrated on the children, she shoud have known, not guessed, what had happened. Anyway, it's better to make Cnebba tell me and Garstan himself...

Cnebba cast a miserable glance at his playmate. Lčođern, tears running down her pretty cheeks, had however fixed her gaze on a stain on her shoe and did not notify him. "Dad says I and Lčođern are scorning him. Garmund, I mean", Cnebba said, looking first at his mother and then at the father of his friends. "Are you?" Modtryth asked sharply. Cnebba looked at his friend again, and this time the girl returned his gaze. "I guess we were, mum", the boy replied, looking her mother in the eye with her own dark brown eyes. His expression was as serious as his mother's.

"We did not mean to be nasty", Lčođern added quietly.