Thread: Dumbing it down
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #54
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleg Cuthalion
Faramir had almost full Númenorean blood (Boromir and Denethor did not).
How is this? Faramir and Boromir had the same parents. One of which was Denethor. Boromir's ancestry is the same as Faramir's.

I get what you're saying about Faramir having received a much purer strain of Numenorian traits than his brother, but it would be wrong to say that Faramir is more Numenorian-like than their father.

Denethor was the most Numenorian-esque Steward in generations. It says so quite clearly in the books. It also says that Faramir takes after Denethor in this respect. Of course, they have totally different personal values, but that isn't a matter of blood...

*NOTE: I am, of course, referring to the real, book, characters, in keeping with the replied-to posts. In the movie, the fact that Denethor, Boromir, and Faramir are of Numenorian descent isn't even acknowledged, much less the fact that Denethor and Faramir had inherited many of its strengths.