View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #485
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Glirdan And Sally Day Two Show

(includes Sally's comments about Glirdan only)

Votes:
Sally 2
Glirdan 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Late For Tea Time
Gah! Sorry I haven't been on at all today, haven't been home at all since yesterday morning and I'm just getting in now and have only been able to check up on who was killed and I am sad to see Boro gone. I am going to go back and read through things now.

Banter; makes a long but quite superfluous case for Lottie's being the Shirriff. Then-
Quote:
After going through Lottie's anaysils of Sally, it does seem as if she (that is to say Sally) just seems to be jumping onto other people's suspicions and piggybacking her way through and not forming any of her own idea's. Hmmmm.....

(...)

Sally is really starting to look bad in my eyes. Will form a fully solid opinion once I have thoroughly gone through the other pages and have caught up.
So that confirms my impression: his initial suspicion of Sally isn't really that strong (or, as he puts it, not a "fully solid opinion"), and he's leaving himself plenty of space to back away from it.

Quote:
Address some things before I go on:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Eurgh. I'm starting to see why Glirdy is suspected. I didn't like that long post of his at all. Or, it was long, but it included mainly suspicion on one of the village's top suspects and confirming innocent a person everyone's been considering innocent pretty much all Day. He could be an innocent who just suspects the same person as everyone else, but I didn't like the tone of that post.
Would you rather me just come back on and start spewing utter nonsense seeing as I have been absent for most of the Day? I'm just trying to get caught up, but if that makes me suspicious in yours, so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winty
Right now, I have narrowed down the twp possible people I am going to vote for to either Glirdy, or Sally. Glirdy and Sally seem to me as being the most suspicous thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winty
Would it have been more appeasing to you if I had said I suspected someone noone else did? Those two I mentioned have by far been the ones who have said the most suspicious things.
Mind explaining those? Because they are rather vague and it just seems to me like you're trying to get by on the tailcoats of others, which happens to be a very Wolfish tactic by the by.
Glirdan defends himself against Greenie's charges, then attacks wintywinty on the very same grounds.

What can I say? That's one jaw-dropper of a post there. It seems almost too careless to the work of a wolf– however, note that wintywinty must have looked quite lynchable at that point.

__________________________________________________ ___
Votes:
Sally 4
Glirdan 2
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Sally lists her thoughts on everyone. Of Glirdan she says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
He's honestly not been around much. What he's said is a bit strange, but at the same time I don't have a good enough hold on him to specifically say "Kill! Kill". He is, however, popping onto other people's suspicions and things, which seems very wolfish the way he's doing it. Wolf? Maybe!
She does, however, put him amongst those she "suspects", along with Morsul, Legate, wintywinty and Shasta.

Glirdan defends himself against Lottie and Lommy, finds Legate suspicious:
Quote:
He's making concise arguments, yes, but some of the points he is bringing up (like the one mentioned above) are things that would be fairly obvious to all of us with the exception of our new players. So why point it out?
Also mentions Sally as being on his suspicion list, and is "worried" about Mira and yours truly.

Votes:
Sally 5
Glirdan 2
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Glirdan likes Agan's points on wintywinty. Now finds Sally "ridiculously guilty" (on the basis, apparently, of a single "waaaaay too defensive" post, while Mira "has made my eyebrows rise" and wintywinty "has me at a crossroads".

Glirdan asks Nogrod to explain what was "interesting" (regarding a post where Glirdan seemed to be echoing ww's phrasing).

Attacks Sally's post at #345:
Quote:
What really gets me is that you say that you don't have enough to suspect me on, yet in that exact same post you put me in your suspect list.
Doesn't like wintywinty's vote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty
Right now, I don't have time to explain my reasoning, as I have homework to attend to. If I get a chance later I will explain my reasoning though, but in case I don't have a chance to get back on before the night, ++Sally
How hard is it to come up with one to two sentences on why you think said person is suspicious before you leave? It takes two seconds! Unless you really have no idea and are just going along with the pack and will get your reasoning from a fellow Wolf later on?
Votes:
Sally 6
Glirdan 2
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Sorry, I actually missed the rest of it:
Quote:
Quote:
Glirdan: He's honestly not been around much. What he's said is a bit strange, but at the same time I don't have a good enough hold on him to specifically say"Kill! Kill". He is, however, popping onto other people's suspicions and things, which seems very wolfish the way he's doing it. Wolf? Maybe!
Okay, now that I'm reading that as a whole, it makes me even more suspicious of you. The bolded bit is what got me. You're going along with the flock! What do you mean by that entire phrase? It just makes no sense and seems like you're trying to save yourself.
Glirdan revisits Sally's post on him and now finds it even more suspicious (though apparently due to a misunderstanding).

Votes:
Sally 6
Glirdan 3
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Well, I'm voting now

++Sally

For suspicions that I've stated in earlier posts all Day....well, since I've been here.
Votes:
Sally 7
Glirdan 4
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Well for what it's worth I'm pretty much positive Glirdan's evil. His posts of late just scream it to me and further my prior suspicion of him. So yeah.
Votes:
Sally 8
Glirdan 5
Shasta 1
Morsul 1
wintywinty 1
Zil 1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
++ Sally
What the....that doesn't even make sense. Not even commentary, just a vote?

You. Are. Bonkers.

Oh, and because Wilwa's bothering me....

++Glirdan

Quote:
Nienna, Glirdan's a wolf. A WOLF! LYNCH HIM!@

I'm surrounded by mad people.

Comments:

Well, some people seem to have got the idea that Glirdan was active in getting Sally lynched, but as we can see here he at first merely echoed other player's points on her in a fairly non-committal way, increased his suspicion gradually as her votes accumulated and only went after her heavily once she had 5 votes.

Meanwhile, Sally "suspected" him early in the piece– again in a non-committal way– and made no further mention of him until near the end, when she suddenly become "positive" he was guilty, and went on to make her famous "LYNCH HIM!" post.

Well. That all looks pretty damning, doesn't it?

However, there are some points against a wolf-on-wolf theory:

1. Up to #403 Glirdy was, by his own account, still reading through the Day and may not have been keeping track of the voting.
2. Glirdan was the runner-up in the voting, the only viable lynch-candidate other than Sallywolf herself. This would have become clear to both parties towards the close of the Day, giving Sally a motive for trying to lynch an innocent Glirdan and innocent-Glirdan a reason to want to suspect her.
3. Glirdan, to put it bluntly, does tend to just go with the flow. (It's actually quite weird, by the way, how often he accuses other players of doing exactly this). Thus, an innocent Glirdan might well have been honestly influenced by the increasing suspicion against Sally.

Whew. That all took MUCH TOO LONG.

Back later.

EDIT:X'd with Brinniel and 2 Legates; wording;formatting.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-12-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote