View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 02:22 PM   #19
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

sorry about the rushed nature of my first post, i was in a hurry, please take into acount my other writings too

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? –NO -

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? None
List them, please: N/A

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? YES Which one? The Green Dragon

NAME: Frar Silentshield

RACE: Dwarfish

WEAPONS: Frar carries a one handed, close combat axe, that he wears on his side. It has a wooden handle, and a stone blade that is rather plain, but strong. He also carries a short sword, that was given to him by his mothers brother, Boffur. He had found it in the troll cave at the same time that Thorin had found Orcrist. This sword had no magic qualities, however. Frar has a round shield, with a steel ring around the outside, which he uses in battle.

APPEARANCE: Frar is an average height Dwarf, and his arms are quite strong, as he has done much mining in his life. His beard is a respectable length, auburn in color, with a hint of gray here or there. He has three small braids in the front of his beard, which he is fond of. Frar wears a good strong iron mail shirt, over top of some leather armor. He also wears a fine steel helmet for combat, that he is quite proud of. Frar wears a dark green hooded cloak for travelling.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: In most circumstances, Frar is a cheery dwarf, that enjoys music, and storytelling, especially the legendary story, of Thorin Oakenshield and his reclaiming of the Lonely Mountain. He has long since, wished that he had been part of a great quest, or undertaking like that, himself. In battle, he fights very fiercely as he showed in The Battle Of The Five Armies along side king Dain and his army. He does not submit to his enemies and fights strong, unless commanded by a Dwarfish leader, or good friend to come away.

HISTORY: Frar was born, and lived most of his life in the Iron Hills, under Dain Ironfoot. A good portion of his time there, he spent mining, but his heart was in warfare. He loved the art of war since his beard was only 4 inches long, but since there wasn’t much fighting going on, he put himself to use as a miner. He came to Erebor with King Dain’s army though, in time to assist in the battle of the five armies. He stayed at The Lonely Mountain afterwards, and hasn’t returned to the Iron Hills. He befriended Balin, and the remaining Dwarfs of the legendary journey, and wished that he had been able to have been with them on their quest.

Gird's post

It was late morning in Dale and Erebor, but Frar Silentshield had just woken up. He had been late the night before, from a hunting trip. Late because they had shot a buck, at dusk, and they were a ways away from the mountain. By the time he got back, he was then very tired from cutting it up and hauling it back. They hadn't actually made it back until just before the dawn.

He looked around and saw the sunlight streaming in a long cut window throught the mountain. It was going to be a fine day indeed, he thought. He walked into the main hall, and looked around, still feeling a bit groggy. He was just going to try and find himself some food,(for he did enjoy his meals) when his younger brother, Fror, ran up to him.

"Frar, Frar! There’s a letter for you. Balin, son of Fundin, has been granted permission by the King to take some Dwarves to try and reclaim Moria! Oh... and he wants you to come!" Frar looked at his brotherfor a second, then asked, "Do you always read my mail?" Fror smiled a sheepish smile and turned away, embarassed. Frar chuckled, and looked at the letter.

~*~

Dear Frar,

I, Balin invite you to partake in an expedition of honor, glory, and riches. I only ask you to visit me with a band of other Dwarves near King Dain's hall. There is some travel involved, and quite a bit of fighting, and... possibly injuries on one level or another... but the reward fully compensates the trials you face. And then some! If you would please visit me at mid-day, I would be much obliged.

Cordially yours, Balin son of Fundin.

~*~

Frar stood there, thinking for a minute or two thinking about it. This was his chance! His chance for his adventure and glory! It was...

"Everyone thinks it's complete lunacy." Frar looked over to see Fror there again, looking over his shoulder. "Lunacy?! Hah! they would have said the same thing about Thorin and company retaking Erebor, and where would we be if he hadn't decided to take up this quest? Well, we certainly wouldn't be here." Fror was filled with a new vigour, and dreams of starting something amazing, a whole new colony, and starting the fires of Khazad-Dum once again.

"Does this mean you're leaving?" "You know... I do beleive it does, Fror" Frar looked at his brother for a second, and then said, "Oh! it's almost midday now! I must get my things together. Worry not brother, I will come to see you before I go!"

Frar turned and ran back into his room, and quickly and excitedly grabbed his weapons, armor and gear. He quickly ran towards Dain’s hall, and thought as he ran, yes, I suppose I must do this. Even if we are not successfull, and are all mercilessly killed, I will regret it for the rest of my life if they do succeed, and I will have missed the chance of my life. As he got closer to the hall, he saw a group of Dwarves around who he recognized as Balin. "Wait!" cried Frar.

"You'll not be getting far in Moria without me!"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:54 AM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk