View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #104
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
I just remembered how I actually wanted Gil-Galad to die in the story on page three. Here it is.

"And the Dark Lord rose in fear of a mighty blow, only to meet one directly in the stomach. Hunched over in pain Sauron was, and in that moment Gil-Galad took hold of his head, turned around, and let his weight fall, causing the Dark Lord to crash down on the Elf-King's shoulder. With a massive force, Sauron lurched backwards from his blow, landing on his back. Gil-Galad righted himself and let out an enthusiastic shout. In his frenzy, the Elf-King took up two fallen bottles, ran them through a nearby stream, and then poured them on himself in his celebration. But lo, the stream was one of lava from Mount Doom, and so Gil-Galad fell by his own hand that day, for High Elf or not, lava was lava."

I didn't put much effort in it, since I just wanted to put this out instead of edit it into the story. Anyway, Gil-Galad basically kicked Sauron and did the Stone Cold Stunner. Then he yelled in victory (something appropriate, not Stone Cold's "Oh **** yeah!"), and poured lava on himself like Stone Cold poured beer on himself. But it was lava, so he killed himself.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote