View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 01:51 PM   #31
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Grimm of the Riddermark

Grimm smiled to Cree and they began to walk against the stable where everyone that lived at the Inn stayed while it was being rebuilt. Inside the stable Grimm saw a hobbit cooking a stew with vegetables. As they got closer Grimm recognized the hobbit. It was Fredgar Hornblower, Shiriff of Hobbiton. He bowed to the Shirriff and smiled "G'day Shiriff Hornblower. Me and my dear friend here, Cree, are hungry. Could we have some of the stew you are cooking? Of course I can pay you for it." The hobbit looked up and smiled as he saw them. "No, no, dont worry! It's for free to everyone. Many are hungry and tired so everyone deserves a good meal."

He fumbled on the ground beside the big pot after two bowls and spoons. He handed them each bowl and spoon and served them some of the stew. "You got anything for Avalon here?" he said and grinned to the hobbit. Grimm pointed at the bird. The hobbit grinned and looked around himself for something. He hummed and digged after something in his pocket. He got up a small pouch of leather and handed it to Grimm. Grimm loosed the rope and opened it. It contained birdseed. "That's all I got that the bird could have" the Shiriff said. Grimm nodded and said "I understand, that will be fine, thank you!"

They walked outside again with the bowls with stew in their hands. They sat down on the lawn again outside and Grimm poured out the seed in the grass for Avalon. She flew directly to the seed and pecked it. He smiled to Avalon. He held up the bowl under his nose and smelled at it and closed his eyes. It smelled delicious. He took up his spoon and took a mouth of it. He hummed and said to Cree "It tasted wonderful, I have never been this hungry in my whole life" He grinned to Cree and then turned to his stew.