View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 04:04 PM   #8
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here are my thoughts on the direction the game should take:

Since it is based on the characters and events we have all been writing about at the inn, we should concentrate on those characters and use the events that occurred around the inn as a springboard into the game itself.

Of course, some changes would need to be made, such as the relocation of the inn scenes from the Green Dragon to the Prancing Pony (perhaps) for reasons already cited by Pio. Time period (i.e. when all this takes place) is another consideration.

Naiore would serve as the catalyst. She is the common element that unites these people, and, I believe, she is more than capable of leading them on a wild chase. Also, we can't forget the plot possibilities of the hunted hunting the hunters and vice versa. There's a lot of room for intrigue!

How does this sound?
Naiore somehow takes up with Vanwe, either by capture or deception, and takes off for the south in search of Menecin with the others in hot pursuit. Kaldir, for one, would be after them for a multitude of reasons, both mercenary and personal. Benia and Gilly would be carried along by Kaldir, not exactly as prisoners, but not free to leave either. I will explain that part later.

Lespheria and Amandur would also be on the trail, as would Silvanis.

I see the scope of the game being Naiore's flight to the south, her failed attempt to reach Menecin, and her eventual come-uppance at the hands of one or more of her pursuers. I think we should try to limit outside involvement beyond the characters we have here (and that we add to fulfill our "other writer" requirements), not getting too involved with armies or seiges or big names like Galadriel or Aragorn.