View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #221
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Eye Dreams, thievings, guilt and schedules

Formie, that was most enjoyable.

I've been pondering the gist of Mellonin's dream and here's what I think: Mellonin for logistical reasons can't be dreaming Nimrodel, since her brother is dreaming Amroth-- too incestuous, so to speak. And although for a while she was heavily influenced by Mithrellas, having a Thing between her and Raefindan (so to speak) also seems somehow icky (or eeermy as Jorje would growl). So I've been hunting for alternatives.

I think it highly unlikely that Mithrellas was Nimrodel's ONLY travelling companion. So I'm tossing ideas around for another travelling companion, one who was (somehow) considered faithless (in contrast to Mithrellas' astounding faithfulness.) Mellonin will now be dreaming that she is this "faithless" handmaiden, who does not think of herself as faithless, only driven by logical circumstances (heck the boat was leaving, what did you want me to do, jump off and swim??) Now, stung by the realization that she is considered faithless, will come back to try and make things right. Haunted by virtual guilt, as it were.

I'm not yet sure what her original name was, but "Unwilling maiden" might be rendered either "Avarien" or "Avarwen", and should sting a bit.

So I hope to write the dream and the horse-stealing scene this afternoon.

Meanwhile (I can hear you asking) what the heck has happened to Mark12_30? Well, it's like this. I am getting up for work early, leaving early-- the military no longer allows access to Forum sites, nor blogging sites either-- and then I come home, tend my boys, do the dinner and homework thing, and then collapse into bed immediately after the boys do.

That schedule is about to change-- but there's no indication that it will get easier or that I'll have more access. So my original estimate that I'll only be posting at most a couple of times a week, seems accurate.

Bottom line-- don't wait for me. Unless I can figure out a way to somehow involve my sons in this (a very appealing idea, but fraught with difficulties) I will have little RPG time. Please, nobody take it personally.

Love to all, and I'll have a shot at that post later today.

Last edited by mark12_30; 11-04-2006 at 05:44 PM.