View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #675
Cirdan
Animated Skeleton

Cirdan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elronds_daughter View Post
The Witch King, evil and menacing though he was, was only a man. Faded to wraith or no, he was still not much more than human. True, he had one of the Nine, but Gandalf had one of the Three. The odds were pretty stacked against the poor WK.
I don't have much to add to this subject (which appears to have been flogged to death and beyond) but this is a good point. Though the Elven rings were not weapons, Narya's ability to grant courage is directly counter to the Nazgul's chief weapon -fear ...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... their two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Their *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to Sauron.... Their *four*...no... *Amongst* their weapons.... Amongst their weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Nazgul! Amongst their weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to Sauron, and nice black uniforms - Oh damn!
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote