View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 03:21 PM   #91
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The crow spoke as clearly and politely as he could to the two hobbits, though his body was still constrained by the foul netting.

'Let us start again, if you will.' he said. 'My name is Camlost, a long time friend to the Rangers, both Man and Hobbit, who frequent this area. I am their eyes and ears so to speak, as well as for that old peddler in grey who sometimes wanders in your lands.'

He looked at both of them, but their thoughts were remarkably well guarded for such a pair of apparent simpletons. Perhaps they had a larger portion of native wit than he gave them credit for.

'We knew from the first about the Gathering In and the Messenger pairs who had been sent out to accomplish it. We would like to aid you if we can. I can bring you news of those hobbits you seek, if you wish. We are always on the look-out for ways to keep them safe. Will you accept my offer of assistance?'

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]