View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 07:12 PM   #104
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Aradaewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aradaewen Send a message via AIM to Aradaewen
Sting

Pippin followed the girl into her house. When the door closed behind them, she lit a rosy lamp and led him across the living room to an old hobbit asleep in an armchair. "Father," the girl said, her brown curls bouncing. "Father, there is a young lad here to talk to you." The hobbit awoke with a start. "Eh?" "Sir," Pippin bowed, "I am one of the Messengers of the Shire. It is a fertile land of plenty, and we are asking all of our fellow hobbits to come and share our land. There is no fee for your homestead- and there are plenty f helpful hands around to assist you in any way possible." He paused here to let the elderly hobbit think it through. "Young 'un, I can't just up and leave this place. I was born here and so was me daughter." He put his hand on the girl's shoulders as she crouched at his chairside. "My Jezabelle needs to be brought up proper, and 'ow can she do that if she be mving her home all crosscountry? However," he added at Pippin's crestfallen expression, "I do think yer offer is a mighty good 'un. Give me a night to think it over, and come back in the mornin'." Pippin bowed. "Yes sir- thank you, sir." And Jezabelle showed him out...

[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: Aradaewen ]