View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 12:12 PM   #34
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have a sweater that is a particularly elvish shade of green

I live on the fringe of an ancient forest. At the time I first read the books, I used to go riding there and even now when I only really drive its roads, I still think of Mirkwood as I pass...

When I go back to Oxford and Warwickshire, the countryside, I really think "Shire". When I hear passed down quotes of Sam, my Great-grandfather , I think of the Gaffer :

-Sam on being told a fab cook my poor great granny was
" she can cook and she can grumble"
{ Great Grannie's most remembered quote "I shouldn't mind a few years as a widow"}
- Sam's son emigrated to Australia in 1922. In 1948 he made his first visit home. Sam's comment after 3 weeks "Noisy young b*****, when's he going back?"
-Sam on his increasing deafness 'I can always hear in the pub if someone says "Would you like a drink, Sam?" '

You get the picture....

But mainly of course, everytime I look in the mirror, I just think "Galadriel" ... (I wish... balrog is closer to the mark

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote