View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #487
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
symestreem

Symestreem, or Willow Smith as she would be preferred to be called, is an interesting person. My first encounter with her was this post and I thoroughly enjoyed her writing style. Oddly this was her first post in about 2 years. It seems she took a brief hiatus from the downs and I gladly welcome her back.

Willow enjoys writing and symestreem was actually the last name of a character at the time of BD registration. There's a funny little story associated with her name choice that goes like this:

At the time of registration she was using 'symestreem' as one of her passwords as it was one of her characters last names, it is no longer a password so don't think about it . She mistakenly put 'symestreem' on the username line believing it to be the password field. She was sadly mistaken and wanted to be Willow instead so she wouldn't mind you calling her Willow.

For those who couldn't tell, it took me a while admittedly, her avatar is a roll of duct tape. An odd avatar one might think but this stems from her love of making and repairing things using this wonderful tape. Do Brits and the like have this marvelous invention I wonder? I digress. I've seen some duct tape creations myself as my Sister-in-Law is handy with the tape and has made dresses, purses, thongs and chairs with it. Similarly, Willow makes bracelets, flowers and weapons. Also, as previously stated, she repairs items ranging from shoes, to headphones to model rockets with a myriad of other items mixed in.

She's from the U.S. residing in Florida and fancies herself a conservative on most issues but decidedly against the death penalty.

Since her return to the downs she has been posting rather frequently and she mostly haunts the Quiz and Book forums but considers playing a WW game soon, which as a veteran would welcome her in whole heartedly. She has done some role playing in the past and I'm sure Pio would welcome her back if she fancied another adventure.

Notably her best downer buddies are Nilp and Lhuna, hence the rather detail description given of Nilp just prior to this post.

Finally she is a supporter of lifting the limit on the 3 smiley limit as she enjoys her smileys quite a bit. So in dedication to that I say That's my only three now and I humbly request the ability to do more!

Let's get to know Willow and welcome her back into the downs.