View Single Post
Old 04-01-2002, 08:37 AM   #22
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

DAY EIGHTEEN:

Nobody likes me, everyone hates me, I think I'll go eat Neekerbreekers. All I did was drop one lousy stone down a well and every Orc in Middle-earth decided to come and attack us. What did they expect? I'm a young hobbit showing a healthy sense of curiosity. How was I supposed to know that they would hear one little stone with all the huffing and mumbling Gandalf was doing? Then this ugly guy stabbed Frodo with a spear and he didn't even die. Come to find out he has some super special armor that nobody else has. Downright selfish of him, if you ask me, which you won't, since I'm a "Fool of a Took," as the newly-departed Gandalf called me. Yep, he's gone. Fell down an abyss. He'll probably be back to haunt me. But it was a lot of fun to hear the stupid elf scream "Ai! Ai!" like a little girl when the Balrog crashed through the wall. Now Strider's in charge again. I guess it's kitchen patroll duty for the rest of the journey for me. I will now go back to feeling sorry for myself because of course, this is all my fault.