View Single Post
Old 03-03-2002, 07:46 AM   #10
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Each of the Valar is unique, so it's not a matter of one being more important than the others. They need each other and balance each other with their abilities. Two of the Valier touched my heart when I first read of them: Este (wish I knew how to get the dots on that e!): as the healer of hurts and weariness, rest is her gift. Appropriately, her spouse is Irmo, master of visions and dreams. The Valar come to them for refreshment, repose and easing of the burden of Arda.
Mightier yet is Nienna - though her emphasis on mourning, grief, sorrow and lamentation doesn't sound appealing at first glance, there is much to learn from her: pity, endurance in hope, strength of spirit and wisdom. Sounds like some of LotR's main themes come from her, doesn't it?

[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote