View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 07:53 PM   #163
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I've seen it three times, and I won't comment on the best scenes or the worst scenes or anything like that. Three words sum it all up for me: Stunning, intense, and emotive. Very emotive. On second thought, beautiful and painful could be added to the list. I find ROTK to be very emotionally draining, indeed, emotionally distressing. The day after I see it, I'm always a bit aloof, and liable to start crying about something that reminds me of the Grey Havens.<P>EDIT: Wow, I forgot about the crying and all of that. I went to see it for the third time on my birhtday, and loved it most then. Walking out of the theaterfelt like floating. The first time I cried a bit at the Grey Havens. The second time I <I>wept</I> at the Grey Havens. The third time I almost started crying at most of the big emotional parts (Tower of Cirith Ungol, the "strawberries" conversation, Gandalf's description of Valinor, The End of All Things, pretty much all the Frodo and Sam stuff), and wept again at the end, even though the tears never really made it down my face. Maybe I'm just romantic and silly, but I never wipe off the tears I cry during ROTK- I leave them there, as a sort of tribute to it. <p>[ 9:16 PM January 17, 2004: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote