View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 07:55 AM   #33
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Welcome Raumohir

A couple of points I think are up to date with the Valaq. :

If any of BolT were to be used it would be in a 2nd draft/version for the reasons Aiwendil listed below.

There are [as my marked up copy of the BolT 1 early chapters shows] alot of details which theoretically could be restored in our version, but we opted to go for a more conservative approach.

As I stated below [but it has been so long since I commented I better refresh myself before saying much ] I do not agree with the way the Yavanna or the authorship questions for Ainilindale and Valaquenta turned out, but the far more active members of the group were in agreement , so that was that.

If we go at a later date for a 2nd and more liberal version then we almost certainly will take additions such as yours into account.

As for the DOV, that was a pilot chapter [1/2 reaaaly] that I worked on waaaay back 2 groups before the current one [even Aiwendil was not around] and many of our defining principles were not fleshed out. So it really should be looked at as an example of what could be done more than anything belonging to the current groups work. I def. need to update the
Intro/FAQ thread to weed out quite a bit of older stuff in there that is not up to speed with the current methods and works in progress.

In short, some of my summarry comments in the FAQ/Intro [written, some of it, over 2 years ago I think] are not quite in jive with the current views.

Apologies for the unclarity.

As for the 2 versions, well it will be way more work, but I see no other way of covering the vast gaps of the many ways we could do this project.

Welcome to the Downs, and excellent firsat post.

Not to knock Findegil's encouragement down, but opening a new thread in this forum is usually done somewhat more hestiantly than in other fora.

And PM'ing Aiwendil or Myself, or if there is a designated project leader for a given chapter he/she would be the one who could say whether to start a new thread with your material or place it in the general questions or include it within an older thread.

But in general, it would be pretty difficult to do toomuch harm in that regard .

Again, welcome to the Downs and the TftE!
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote