View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:03 PM   #10
Yeade
Pile O'Bones

Yeade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Yeade Send a message via Skype™ to Yeade
Finished "The Shibboleth of Fëanor" and read again "The Heirs of Elendil." Made a number of minor corrections.

On lotr-a.bmp:
Írimë's name corrected from Irímë
Fingon's daughter Erien (wrongly marked as a son), son Finbor, and grandchildren erased as rejected by Tolkien in later genealogies
Artanaro (which should be Artanáro) Gil-galad erased as another name for Ereinion Gil-galad
Ereinion Gil-galad finally, finally placed as son of Orodreth, brother of Finduilas

On lotr-b.bmp:
Ornendil died III 1446, nine years after father Eldacar was deposed
Fíriel born III 1896

On lotr-c.bmp:
Valandil's reign amended from 247 to 239 years (III 10-249)
Beleg's date of death changed from III 1026 to 1029; accordingly he ruled for 83, not 80, years
Mallor's reign, which follows, lasted 81 years instead of 84
Arvedui ruled 11 years, not 10
Fíriel born III 1896
Dírhael descended from Aranarth through Arathorn I

Also of note, on lotr-a.bmp:

Indis is shown as the sister of Ingwë despite the fact that, in HOME 12, she "is said to have been the daughter of King Ingwë's sister." Apparently HOME 10 places her as I have. I don't know which of the two has more weight, but in the selfish interest to avoid shifting the entire tree from Indis on down to insert that extra generation, I didn't follow HOME 12. There's a bit of wiggle room, in that she is said to have been... Okay, yeah, I'm grasping for straws.

Faniel and Finrun Felageomor also remain on the tree largely because just thinking about the rearranging I have to do makes my head hurt and fingers itch. As I understand it, Faniel is in HOME 10, Finrun in HOME 4. I don't have access to either so, again, I can't say whether what I've done is acceptable.

Last edited by Yeade; 09-02-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Yeade is offline   Reply With Quote