Thread: ROHAN RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 10:44 PM   #154
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Dwarin and Haleth raced through the seared wasteland that once was a forest. The smell of battle lingered heavily in the air. The ground beneath their feet was scorched and dry. Dwarins eyes stung and watered from the debris in the air. Day was indistinguishable from night as the curtain of smoke closed about them.

As soon as they were sure they were not being pursued any longer the pair slowly came to a halt. Haleth collapsed at the foot of a black tree. Dwarin stood leaned on his axe. He suddenly realized that he hadn't released his grip for hours. The dwarf noticed that his companion had several serious looking wounds. He hooked his axe on his belt and retrieved a canteen of water from his pack. He handed the canteen to Haleth as he sat down at the foot of the tee. She accepted and eagerly drank. "Your wounds need tending" the dwarf said as she eagerly drank. She passed the canteen back saying "You should be one to talk. You look like a leaky piece of meat" Dwarin chuckled and put the canteen to his lips. Dwarin suddenly realized how thirsty he was as the water soothed his burning throat. As Dwarin drained the canteen he heard a horse approach. Haleth drew her sword instantly and Dwarin was on his feet in seconds. A wave of relief and joy washed over Dwarin as he saw Mim slip through the veil of smoke. Dwarin let out a little laughter and a exclamation as he embraced his horse. Even so Haleth noted that the horse was not alone and did not let down her guard. She was relieved too when she saw it was only Telefax bearing Kalohern and Arenia. "Your horse knows it's master well." Kalohern said. "We found her wandering on the other side of the fire. We found no sign of Taradan. She led us here, to you." "It is certainly good to see you my boy. I thank you very much for returning Mim. For now I think it is best we find the others. I hope they have been as fortunate as we have in finding each other. Let us be off." With a little effort Dwarin climbed aboard his horse, who had rather gotten used to being ridden over the past few days. Dwarin noticed that his horse had a few minor scrapes and cuts with displeasure. Mim had obviously been in battle. "I'll have to have a talk with Taradan about this" Dwarin said to himself. "What's this? Am I supposed to walk?" Dwarin apologized and held his hand out to haleth who gladly accepted it and mounted Mim behind the dwarf. Mim barely even noticed. As they rode off in search of the others Dwarin said over his shoulder to Haleth. "I was very impressed by your skill and courage today."