View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 03:29 PM   #389
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
EDIT: Cross-posted with Fordim. I like his idea. I'm not deleting this stuff, though, just in case (this IS getting confusing. I should just shut up).

Also, it seems convenient, considering the *ahem* little matter of Coromswyth and Koran. I find that plausible meeting an interesting plan. Ordered chaos can work, if properly done. When the battle begins, everyone seperates into their own Mono-a-Mono Battles, the way they were originally dictated. Ambarturion owes Thrak a good beheading for what he did to Caranbaith, and Thrak certainly deserves a little compensation, since Ambarturion's sword drove him utterly insane.

The rest is all secondary information, for emergency purposes.

Here is the original plan agreed to by Herding and Thrak. In retrospect, it may not work as planned.

Quote:
“…On battle’s eve,” he continued, droning, “when we are camped near Lorien, we must strike, you and I, together. There will be some manner of signal we share, one of your choosing. The orcs under my command will gladly attack the Southrons of Cenbryt’s, and your will surely follow you to the same end. All at once, we cut off the power of our foe. He will be surrounded and only a few of his men will remain loyal. If we offer them the spoils of war…and the option to live, many will surely come to our side. Then, we take Cenbryt and the remaining ‘rebels’ captive (most unfortunately, we could not kill them all right away, for the Eye would look upon that as unnecessary action). Then, after we have proved they were traitorous to the troops, they will corroborate the necessity to slay them…Then; you can have your way with Koran Cenbryt.”
Some ideas on how to have this plan 'fail.' (I'm writing everything in bloody lists now!)

1. Koran's men actually put up a fight, Thrak and Herding (or just one) realizaes that the plan won't work, and decide it would be better to try to kill Koran (and, in Thrak's case, Herding too) during the battle.

2. The plan works, but Koran somehow gets out of the predicament and forces Thrak and/or Herding to go through with the original plan. This could work in a number of ways.

3. Confusion and/or the presence of an Elven scouting party force the plan to be delaid or fail.

4. Now, I don't know what Oro has planned for Herding. Thrakmazh has an arch-nemesis, in the form of Ambarturion, who he will face once more, but I dunno about Herding. If Oro has special plans, I know them not. Maybe the ideal way to get this settled would be to have Koran and Herding duke it out, unless either of you disagree.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies

Last edited by Kransha; 09-01-2004 at 03:37 PM.