View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 04:51 AM   #17
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

"Indeed I have Meggan. You are not the only one that has to settle a score with them." Bordarigorn said.

The sun was fading down and the Inn began to grow crowdie more and more every second. Butterbur was running around with trays of Ale while Nariah was getting ready for her shift. She came out and immediately started running at the same pace as the fat Innkeeper. Bordarigorn was amused that a man his posture could walk so fast without even spilling a drop of ale. But he figured that all those years in the business could do that to you. He now turned his attention back to Meggan who had gone quite by the mention of her name.

"I have been hearing that you are willing to go on the attack and not stay here in defence of the town. All those men are cowards. The best defence is offence as a friend of mine always says." Bordarigorn said agitated.

"Indeed they are cowards. But I would not shout that out in this Inn so hard. You see that man over there? He doesn't like being called a coward and he is not even defending this town. But I would not go pick a fight with him." Meggan said with a frightened look on her face.

Bordarigorn glanced over to the man. He was standing in the middle of the group. Bragging about how he could take down those wolves if he felt like it.

"Ah yes, I would show those little rats a lesson, but my wife eh, she doesn't want me to go. I'd show that Anuionin a trick or two. That elf and that ranger lad too. They could really learn a lot from me."

Bordarigorn got annoyed with the man and stepped in the group. In one second, everyone felt the dead silence threatening and no one dare to break it. Bordarigorn was now facing the man who had been bragging so much.

"Show me a few tricks eh? I can defeat you with my left hand bound on my back." Bordarigorn said.

"Is that a threat?"

"No it's a challenge. Come on outside big boy. It will give the men an opportunity to earn some money on your brave words."

The Inn roared with joy and some men were already moving tables out of the way. Butterbur allowed it since the customers started buying a lot more ale and he did not want to spoil their fun. If that ranger would win, it could get the word of his Inn out a bit more.
Some men came with a rope and bound Bordarigorn's left hand tightly to his right leg so his hand was at his lower back. The weapons were removed and the visitors of the Inn stood in a circle around the men. Most of the man just thought that Bordarigorn was bragging and were betting on their friend. He was strong, besides bragging he had proven that a lot of times. But strength is not everything and Bordarigorn knew that. Athor was one of the few betting on Bordarigorn. The little money he had left was on him. He walked over to the man.

"Listen, you knock him down, I don't want to loose my money ok?" Athor said.

"It's already doubled." Bordarigorn added with an assuring smile.

Now all hell broke loose. The man had caught sent of the words and punched Bordarigorn in the face. Bordarigorn hardly fell over. His neck was just a bit backwards. He faced the man again. The man kicked for the groan, but was blocked. Bordarigorn parried the leg and kicked him hard against the shin. The man cried out and the visitors were not laughing anymore. All except Athor. Bordarigorn took his free hand and punched the man in the face. He flew back and landed in the crowd. The men pushed him back because most of them had money placed. But he was done. Bordarigorn just walked up to him and punched him down again. The man was knock out and did not move.
Athor roared out and was walking triumphant to the man who had the bets placed. Athor had only placed a little, but the amount he had placed in was doubled times forty. With his newly acquired money he went back to the bar.

Bordarigorn walked over to Meggan who had been looking at the fight. With his dagger he cut the rope.

"You were saying?"

Next morning