View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 03:40 PM   #17
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
As for trusting local yokels to bring them the Ring; they were I surmise fairly secure in the knowledge that the hapless Ferny (or whomever) wouldn't know what it was, and wouldn't be exposed to it long enough for it to gain much if any hold; and moreover the stooges were under a 'shadow of fear' that made disobedience unlikely in the extreme. And if it happened anyway, well, dealing with a simpleminded and easily terrified-to-paralysis Man, alone and at night, wasn't a very great matter.
I don't agree here.

The Nazgul at this stage were aware of the trechery of Saruman (regardless of which version of the story being referenced). If I were in their shoes I would most assuredly not trusted Ferny or the Southerner or anybody else likely to have been involved in the raid out of my sight. Who knows what other agents Saruman might have had in the area.