View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #1490
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tonight, I had a dream of which I unfortunately don't remember many details, for it was very epic. I was with a roleplaying group and at the same time being one of the characters of the group, while the other characters and players were several of my RL RPGing friends, then Gollum, Lommy, The Might, Nerwen, Ibri (those two may have changed into each other at several places), Groin and possibly skip or Morthoron (these two might have switched places with some of my RL friends during the course of the dream).

The story was that we were going through some dungeon full of stairs and stairways, if anybody of you had seen the movie Labyrinth with David Bowie, then the final scene is something what it looked like. At last we came to some boss of the dungeon, who was an evil sorcerer no doubt, and he was standing next to a trap door easily visible in front of him on the ground. We attacked him, namely Groin attacked him ruthlessly with his axe, if I recall well. The Might tried to sneak attack him from behind, but before he could do that, the sorcerer disappeared in the trap door. Meanwhile, Nerwen/Ibri had been casting some spell which caused sparkling white light to come out of her hands. I have no idea what effect it was supposed to have

After that, everybody started to panic and run away around the dungeon in search for the sorcerer. Somehow, most of the party ended running down a long spiral stairway (or, actually, this kind of starway where you run down a straight corridor, then turn around 180° and run another straight stair, and so on... just, like, it wasn't all merely one long stair). When I noticed, I started to run after them, but still I was the last one, right behind Lommy who also stayed behind before, to reach the room which was to the side of the stairway (it still continued down). The trap door through which the sorcerer disappeared was right above us, in the ceiling of the room, and there was another trap door below us, into a large room with some stairs, too. Everybody was already inside it, kind of hanging down into it (holding each other, and the last one was holding the floor of this room). They obviously climbed down there willingly, to go after the sorcerer, who was pleading for mercy (honestly, as it seemed) and it was about our choice to kill him or not. Then for a short moment we were as players in a room decorated by lots and lots of flowers, and the Gamemaster said: "Well, so what, do you kill him?" And us players started to argue whether he is just bluffing or whether he is seriously pleading for mercy, and whether our characters would keep him alive, etc. And then, we did not reach any conclusion, but decided to let it come out as it goes, and then we were back in the dungeon and Gollum, who was the one at the top of the people in the trap door (and his character was Gollum, really looked like that) reached out his arms and handed me a bucket of flowers which somebody else from the group took from the ceiling of the room (the flowers were like the ones that were in the room in which we played), and I was supposed to give them to the sorcerer, which meant that we are giving mercy to him.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote