View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 05:54 PM   #79
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Water, water, water. Ajada scribbled down. What could water have to do with LinGalad and Kalir's secret plot? How was Avery mixed up in all of it? Ajada squinted at Avery's little 'sickness' of sorts, and every idea went trickling back to one thing...water. "Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink," or so the saying went. That was it!

"Drink! Drink!" Ajada wailed, and grabbed Avery by the arm to take her to a place where no one could hear Ajada's hushed whispers. "Avery, they poisoned you! That is why you are all in cahoots together! Kalir and LinGalad, they are the chief masterminds...but they've got you now! It was the water! The water you drank earlier after teaching me to sword fight! It was poisoned by Kalir and LinGalad! Come back to the light, Avery! Even if you're just a filthy, sceaming thief to begin with, you still shouldn't be poisoned!"

By the end of her exasperated speech, Ajada had taken to grabbing Avery by the shoulders and shaking her. Avery looked as if the added tremors would send her flying with her in an already dizzy state, but Ajada continued to jostle and jar the girl, until Avery practically collapsed to the ground.

"Avery! It was the poison!" Ajada cried, making a scene that even the other travelers could hear. They came over, and Kalir and LinGalad helped Avery to her feet.

"What happened?" Kalir asked, his face of mock concern obviously masking a smile.

"Ah. You've poisoned Avery!" Ajada accused, not quite answering the question. Kalir rolled his eyes.

"That's ridiculus, Ajada." Endereth murmured, handing Avery a canteen of water. "Now what really happened?"

Ajada felt like a child. They were all accusing her of something that wasn't her fault, and then repeating questions as if she were...dumb. Ajada's eyes widened, and she frantically searched through her mind for an excuse, but nothing came to her.

"It was you!" Avery yelled, voice cracking as she regained strength again. "Why were you shaking me like that? You've lost your mind!"

"Come now! We can't waste much more time!" Radagast intervened, and Ajada was momentarily thankful that the old man was a peacekeeper. "Are you alright, Avery?"

Avery nodded, glaring at Ajada. Ajada was still mumbling something about poison and Middle-Earth domination as the group got back to walking towards the woods. Avery avoided Ajada even more than usual, but Ajada didn't mind. She needed to figure out what the master plan for LinGalad and Kalir was.

"I don't understand what is so special about water. Smelling water, swimming in water..." Ajada mused, writing down the incident with Avery. "I mean, you can smell that one stream from the printing and recording shop when it is on the other side of town."

"That's because its full of sewage!" Avery murmured, overhearing Ajada's musings. The scribe rolled her eyes, and scrawled down Avery's words, hoping to maybe quote her in her final report for Leo.

It is just one huge conspiracy. Better be careful about the water I drink while in such company, Ajada thought, eyeing LinGalad and Kalir suspiciously.

[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]