View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #2194
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
So, does this mean that we will not have the pleasure of seeing that post, since you only 'half' considered it?
I frequently begin to compose posts, get a few sentences or paragraphs in, and then decide to see how the story courses itself without my literary intervention. I delete far more posts than I actually submit to public reading.

Quote:
Too bad. Just 'cause Degas is a snob doesn't mean he'll not interact with Thornden, you know. Thornden's a fairly high-ish up sort of man in the status order, I believe...? Just an observation.
In a normal situation, yes. But since Degas's most present thoughts at the moment are about his sister's pregnancy, and the delicate condition of a lady's womb doesn't make for polite conversation with anybody, really... Discussing his sister's preggerz hormones would seem unfathomably rude to Degas, particularly if he was discussing them with a man.

Degas's current thoughts in order of importance:

1) Saeryn/pregnancy/inheritance
2) home (has his steward been doing well? How long can he justify staying gone?)
3) Athanar's sons appear to be idiots, and he pities the people under their command later in life
4) if Aragorn sends out a call to Rohan for aid with the flooding in the south, how much of anything can Degas afford to send?
5) why didn't he bring any instruments with him?
6) Lady Lin would be such a beautiful and competent bride, and their children-
7) random other things

So really, most of his thoughts don't relate to the Mead Hall.