View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 06:33 AM   #28
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Bethberry, Boromir is my favorite character, in all of Tolkien. Some reasons for that would be because he doesn't hide things, he speaks his mind, he in general is good of heart and only wants Gondor to prevail. I love hearing other Barrowdowner's opinions, it get's me into insights that I've never seen before, and I will have to agree with you. Up to this point, Boromir has been one against the decisions of Aragorn, against the decisions of Gandalf. And seems to be in the Fellowship for all the wrong reasons (I will point out a few quotes in the next chapter discussion from "Mirror of Galadriel" to show this). The quality I like about Boromir is, as I said speaking his mind, to others it may seem arrogant and maybe is arrogant, but that's a quality I've always adored, people who are able to not be swayed by other's opinions. I'm also going to have to agree with Fordhim, if it wasn't for the battling times of Gondor, and his fighting at Amon Hen, Boromir would be out of place, and indeed look like a villain. He doesn't fit in Lorien, Lorien is a magical place, a peaceful place (atleast at this time), something that doesn't fit well for Boromir. Boromir cares little for magic, or lore, unlike his brother, which is why he doesn't fit well in Lorien, and is why he suits good for Gondor, who right now is facing war, Boromir's strength.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote