View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #38
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

SpM, I do feel Mr. Jackson sympathized Boromir more in the first book, then Tolkien did. And as you say, dealing with the audience PJ had, it was probably the better way. We do get to see a little bigger connection with Boromir and the hobbits in the movie, but we Tolkien still adds hints to seem as if the Hobbits are rubbing of on Boromir. For it is Boromir who first thinks of the hobbits.

The Ring goes South
Quote:
"This will be the death of the halflings, Gandalf," said Boromir. "It is useless to sit here until the snow goes over our heads. We must do something to save ourselves."
and then later...

Quote:
"Have hope!" said Boromir. "I am weary, but I still have some strength left, and Aragorn too. We will bear the little folk. The others no doubt will make shift to tread the path behind us. Come Master Peregrin! I will begin with you."
Here is where Boromir's strength first appears, and it's even the first time (maybe the only time) when we see Boromir huh, wiser then Aragorn perhaps? Aragorn wishes to fight the mountain, which would most likely end in death, well that is because he feels it is a better choice then going through the Gap of Rohan, or through Moria. However, I will have to say Aragorn (and Boromir) Gandalf's idea is probably the best, Caradhras would have been fatal to the whole company, The Gap of Rohan is not safe anymore, Moria ended in despair, but probably was the best choice.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote