View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
Undoubtedly, alatar, that is Essex's problem.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Nogrod.

I liked the Mouth of Sauron, even if there's not much more of him than a mouth. I do have difficulty picturing him as a man with that huge mouth and those long teeth, though.

Let the beheading debate commence (on this thread, anyway). I'm not sure it makes a great difference either way. It happens; you can blink and it's over if you like, and the guys come riding back to the Grand Armee.

I have to admit, I love Aragorn's speech; I'm a sap for heroic death charges. Viggo's delivery is great, although his American accent gets distracting a couple of times. I really wish they'd made him go Brit, but oh well. I will concede one thing to my English brethren: your accents sound a lot better than ours in stories of this sort.

Frodo and Sam crawling up the Mountain, with some flute music courtesy of Sir James Galway in the background, is awesome, epic, everything it should be.

And finally, the bit with Legolas and Gimli is tender emotion, perfectly capturing the spirit of the book. If only we could have seen them like this more often.

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote