View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 04:53 PM   #6
Tinker
Pile O'Bones

Tinker has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's perhaps all of those and then some. What that "some" is I've no idea. I rememeber reading/hearng once a quote that said "It is a hard thing for a hobbit, to go hungry while others eat." I believe I just severly butchered that quote. But you get the point. <P>Watching that scene, I tried to put myself in it. A little fellow, in a place far from green hills and plentiful food, surronded by giants (or Big People if you prefer)and cold hard stone. No one here seems to understand the closeness of family. Everyone you know is either dead, or in very great danger of dying. And you can't help. You have to stay here, with the Cold Darkness. And you're alone. The only one of you're kind there. Scared, and hungry, and confused and hungry, and all torn up. <P>And hungry.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Or maybe he just wishes he had a basket of mushrooms and some pipe weed.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You know, that sounds really good right now.
Tolkienitis, GS Symptom #6: A suddenly developed obsession/aversion with jewlery, esp. rings of gold.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote