View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 05:47 PM   #134
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Tane would go about searching for Calumdril, but he saw some Rangers coming in and wanted to send them on more specific orders than he had given at the camp. He hailed two that had already entered the town and led them to where the other Rangers would be coming in. When he had six Rangers he split them up. Four to be on constant parol around the village, two to go through the village to search for any hillmen that were left. If any saw other Rangers they were to tell them to help the villagers except for two more, which should join those patrolling.

As they went to carry out his orders Tane thought about how to find Calumdril and was at a loss for thought. Turning his horse he saw Rherrin come up to him, bloodied and limping.

"Tane!"

Tane dismounted and hurried over to the man, giving his arm for support.

"The hillmen slaughtered the patrols. Only two pairs of us had gone out and I only escaped because Athruin heard something and had me move off to the side just before they struck," Rherrin's eyes were wide in angry recollection.

"It's ok Rherrin. They're gone and now we need to help the settlement."

"No!" Rherrin grabbed Tane's tunic, causing the leader to fall forward a step before rebalancing himself. Rherrin blinked and quickly let go of Tane, sputtering "I...I'm sorry. I jus...I don't-"

"It's alright," Tane wanted to send the Ranger to his tent, but the settlement was safe yet and Rherrin seemed a bit unbalanced by the attack. He was one of the younger Rangers and hadn't seen a large battle, only small scuffles. He was trying to absorb all the images and seemed to be struggling. "I want you to come with me and help me find a settler name Calumdril, do you know what he looks like?"

Rherrin nodded. "Yes."

"Do you know where he might be?" Tane prodded.

Rherrin shook his head slowly. "I .... don't. I just saw people fighting..."

"Lets find someone to ask," Tane moved to start walking and Rherrin seemed able to support himself, though he was still limping.

People were still going through the streets at random intervals, but none had seen the settler. The two men had been walking and were soon nearing the edge of the town when they spotted two villagers carrying a dead third man. The carriers were struggling a bit and Tane hurried over to lend a hand and ask if they'd seen Calumdril. Just as he reached for the body and opened his mouth to ask, he saw the face of the man they carried. They had found Calumdril. Sighing heavily, Tane took the place of the one carrying from the arms and directed everyone to where Borgand was.

Last edited by Kryssal; 05-25-2004 at 11:05 AM.