View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #931
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Congrats to the wolves - and just figure out if I'm going to go for lynching the quiets after this one with all I can throw in!

Greenie was claiming the moral highground on Day2 (or was it 3?) saying that people should not vote others on the basis of who is it nice to play with or whose playing-styles they appreciate (or something like that) but on the basis of actual suspicion... That makes perfect sense. But at the same time she was full aware that she and her friends in crime had deliberately hunkered down leaving us others basically nothing to actually suspect them from but not leaving us anything to suspect them from. So with us reasonably thinking she was morally right we would go on after innocents making the game and leaving her and her friends untouched in the shadows.

That was a brilliant move indeed Greenie! Using the moral highground seems to always work as no one wishes to look like an ethical-moron in front of others!

But at the same time the trick underlined the old fact many have seem to have forgotten (myself included): if you are an ordo, you should always - always - lynch the free-riders first and only then start looking around more closely.

Only things I'm even a bit happy with my own game is that I started suspecting Greenie on Day1 and my suspicions grew heavier all the time (sadly only Form was showing any interest in believing me) - and I was right with thinking Brinn had not our best in mind. The rest from me was then just fumble and bad decisions after another.

Shasta and Lari... I just had no clue whatsoever. Well, how could I've had one?

Well played Izzy and Form, you managed to stay on long enough - even if we lost in the end. And a good game Kent! I'm looking forwards to seeing you again in these games.

Also kudos to Agan, Kuru who met an untimely death when they would have deserved to play a lot more as they were actually doing it.

And a good game phantom & Mira. The extra-vote idea was an interesting addition to the game even if with the baddies being able to PM all the time (and to recruit more to their team) gave them quite an advance from the very beginning and - to be honest - after a few Days of missed lynches it was basically wrapped up already...

But as always - even if this post may have sounded a bit grumpy (actually it isn't - I'm just sharpening my saber for the next round ): it was fun as long as it lasted!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote