View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 10:40 PM   #235
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots I see I have been preceeded somewhat…

I had to ask myself something. And following along with my vow to toss logic out the window I’m going to try to make this as stretchy as possible.

Query: What is the best thing for a werewolf to do during the day?

Answer: Head for the tall grass.

Query: But isn’t this an excessively obvious defense, almost to the point of being unusable?

Answer: Probably.

Query: What would be the best way to shield oneself from suspicion on this count?

Answer: Popping in occasionally to put in an appearance and conversely reduce one’s profile.

Query: Do we have anyone around here who answers to that description?

Answer: Actually, we have two.

Now, the question becomes, which of the two to choose. To put the question another way, which one becomes more obvious by being less obvious?

Oddwen has been most conspicuous with her absence. However, her fingering Firefoot so early in the business seems to point away from her. I can’t think of a sensible reason why one werewolf would deliberately accuse a fellow werewolf…of course, not all the actions that have taken place here have been entirely sensible .

Like the above posters, this directs me back to the person of bilbo_baggins, about whom some suspicions were expressed in previous days. As I specifically noted back in post # 197…

Quote:
bilbo_baggins made a fair amount of fuss and bother on DAY ONE and has gone suspicious quiet ever since. (Almost as if he took a hint from something.)
His activities seem to have taken the pattern of: stirring about, then a sharp reduction in activities, followed by a reemergence that was just enough to cause him to sink back into mental obscurity. He has given the appearance of bland cooperative non-committal throughout. As a matter of fact, since DAY ONE I can’t find that he’s said anything about anybody. He's just been around off and on. His accusations always seem to be hovering just over the horizon, always awaiting one further development...

Notice, back in post # 74, Primrose Bolger (about whom I feel a little guilty) said…

Quote:
'Twas bilbo_baggins who came up with that reasoning. To throw us off the track, I think.

They'll be yammering away from the first, those shadowspawn will. Though, I'm thinking they'll let the innocent raise the alarm, then they'll stick their wolfish noses in . . . and all the while laughing at us, and licking their lips at the prospect of taking another down.

It's bilbo_baggins who bears watching in my mind.
However, I'm not feeling particularly hasty. I'm going to go sleep on it and see what council the morning light brings.