View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 07:09 AM   #675
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hello, everybody!

Hi, my name is Thinlómien (that's not, of course, my real name...). I´m a 14-year old (well, nearly 15) girl from Finland.
So if I write something strange, it may be because I'm not a native english-speaker...

I've been a LotR -fan since my father read it aloud to me and my little sister, when I was six years old. (I remember getting angry to my father, because he didn't read the chapter "The Voice of Saruman" to the end, but said "we´ll continue it tomorrow". I refused to go to my bed and declared, that I would read it myself, if my father didn´t read it aloud. My parents gave up and my father read it. So LotR was quite impressive to me, even then.)
By now I've read LotR 15 times, because I just love it. I've read all Tolkien's books concerning Arda, what have been translated into finnish (LotR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion and The Unfinished Tales).

I've also seen the movies. I have a hate-love -relationship with them. I like them very much, but in the other hand, I think they rape the book. Maybe it's the book behind them, what makes them so good. And I appreciate Peter Jackson; I can believe that the movies could have been much more horrible.
I'm a member of Finnish Tolkien Society and I play M.E.R.P. with my friends. I'm usually the GM and if the movies rape Middle-Earth, there's no word to what I do to it...

I live with my mom, liitle sister and tortoise in Helsinki, the capital city of Finland. My hobbies are reading (mostly fantasy books), roleplaying, drawing, art club and playing kantele, the Finnish national instrument. I'm in a international school, in a half-english class.

And to the end I would like to tell that my favorite characters from LotR are Galadriel, Gandalf and Boromir.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote