View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #126
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Interestingly both Gwath and Sally who are pretty high on the post count have been careful enough not to voice a single suspicion against anyone.~Nog
Yee-gads I said I wasn't going to do this. Good point about sally, but I'm not sure why you would use this accusation against Gwath. He hasn't made a post in a while, his last post was still relatively early (some 6 hours in) - look at the chatter - what are you expecting?

sally I can see, she's been hanging around but hasn't quite made a mark yet. Even with providing amusement, that typically is stuff that gets forgotten. I present to you exit polls of favorite LOTR characters immediately after watching FOTR and from an on-line survey 6 months later

Quote:
Cinema

Aragorn 20%
Legolas 17%
Sam 15%
Gandalf 12%
Gollum 11%
Gimli 9%
Frodo 6%
Arwen 2%
Quote:

Aragorn 29%
Sam 23%
Gandalf 15%
Legolas 11%
Frodo 7%
Gollum 7%
From Chapter 7 of Watching the Lord of the Rings -Tolkien's World Audiences

There is a growth in Aragorn, Sam, Gandalf, these characters have staying power, they are the strong characters. While the hot (Legolas) and funny (Gimli) drop significantly - amusement provides no significant staying power. These are the ones who go forgotten after a period of time. And someone wanting to be forgotten worries me.

sally, wishing to amuse us, make us feel good with you, while we spin around in circles, eh?

Edit: fixing the tables and crossing with Nogrod

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote