View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #207
Brian Sibley
Haunting Spirit

Brian Sibley has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Rather belated again... big week on the Archers... this isn't totally random, there is a link between Ambridge and Isengard. I knew that Jack May was the much missed Nelson Gabriel (I do try hard not to think of Grima as Shane ) but I didn't realise that Peter Howell was the Bishop of Felpersham!!! Now that is a little surreal.
Yep, that is worrying - or an ironic comment on the power of the Church maybe...? Another Ambridge connection: Hugh Dickson (Elrond) played the late Guy Pemberton.

Quote:
His voice is quite wonderful ... while I thought Christopher Lee gave one of the stronger performances in the films and has a wonderfully powerful voice, his Saruman had was a commander who expected to be obeyed; Howell's is a seducer, plausible and hypnotic. He is so subtle, seems so plausible portrays hismelf as the victim, that Gimli's interjection is needed to remind that Saruman is the aggressor, who had given specific orders that Theodred be slain at all costs - the son of his neighbour and friend.
I quite agree...

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Pippin and the Palantir - I think it is quite in character that even an encounter with the Dark Lord doesn't get him down for long.

That bit was wonderful - I can't work out quite if it is Jon McAndrew's voice when he is "being" Sauron - if so it is a great bit of acting.
Yes, it was John McA - with a little radiophonic treatment to the voice.
Brian Sibley is offline   Reply With Quote