View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #12
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Conversely Essex, I see Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in any other movie I see him in. What happens is you see somebody play a role and for whatever reason they get stuck in you head as that character and not an actor. That is what has happened here, I believe.
I understand this, but why only Elrond? I haven't seen another character mentioned in this way before (until you mentioned Viggo conversly.....)

Anyway onto my thoughts on this sequence.

The one thing that stands out for me is how Boromir knew that Aragorn was Isildur's Heir by his name? Or have I missed something in the EE before denethor sent him off? (haven't been able to view the EE bits at the mo)

The look on gandalf's face is priceless when Frodo accepts the Quest. I see it as a kind of relief that frodo has taken up the quest rather than anyone else...... I wonder how other people read his emotions.......

Jackson cleverly knicks a line from Bag End for Gandalf and a line from the prancing pony for Aragorn when they pledge their help to Frodo.

I have no problem with the fellowship being formed straight away and not staying the month or so they stayed behind. It's a movie and we have to keep things moving I suppose.

Bilbo's Gifts scene was superbly done. Oh hang on, it's because it's pretty exactly the same as the book!!!!! Now there's a clue on how to make the perfect LOTR film!

Last edited by Essex; 12-21-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote