View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 01:14 PM   #19
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I got my copy of the dvd at lunchtime yesterday; I literally ran to Tesco to buy it, and as soon as I got home I watched it straight from 4 until 8 o'clock. It's the best way to watch something like this!<P>I personally loved these scenes,<P><BR>The Faramir/Boromir scene: This was the scene that I most looked forward to. And it was brilliant. It gave new dimensions to both Boromir and Faramir, it made you emphasise with both of them and understand them better. Any excuse for more Boromir is a good one. The addition of Denethor was also great.<P>Entdraught: This scene made me laugh. Billy & Dom were so funny, and the subtle referance to Tom Bombadil/ Old man willow was very cool.<P>The part where Faramir saw the Haradrim warrior. I remember this part from the book, and I'm glad that they were able to expand on it. <P>The stew scene: I wasn't sure if it would work when I heard about it, but I thought that it was actually really good. <P>And lastly, Merry and Pippin in Isengard. Very funny, nice to see some lightheartedness from these characters.