View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 06:01 PM   #22
FAENADUIAL

Silmaril

Last evening our entire family sat down and watched the EE version together straight through. It was great to find that the LotR fanatics in our house and those of us who only watch the movies and refuse to read the books (ugh!!) felt the same way. This is a great improvement.<P>For my part I was especially pleased to see the trees destroy the orcs at the end of the battle at Helm's Deep. It never sat well with me that the movie had taken so much of the magic of middle earth out of the story. I was never sure how they were going to handle this and I liked that you only got a hint at what was going on in the woods. They left alot of it to your imagination.<P>Also, the scene between Boromir and Faramir was terrific. It explained alot that was missing, gave you great insight into both characters (which we could have used in the first movie) and I think really leaves us well set up for the third film.<P>My husband loves the movies and I keep telling him that although I think they are wonderful in their own right there is much that is changed and missing from the books. I felt great when he kept saying during the EE version "I understand this so much better now, how could they have left that scene out!". He now admits that he may have to try reading the books!!<P>I can't wait to look at the special features.