View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 09:48 PM   #107
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
You are entirely right, of course
Bah. I am never entirely right. I only hope to occasionaly make sense & maybe hit somewhere close to the X that marks 'right'.

Quote:
It is futile to get upset about it. Its almost as silly to get upset about the people who get upset in the first place
Ah, if that is how I came across you have my sincerest apologies. I was neither upset at you, nor even particularly upset at any of your post, just a bit puzzled as to the considerable emotion behind it.

Quote:
I can see your point, but, in truth, my blood pressure didn't sail through the roof, and, so far I can tell, I'm in no danger of a heart attack or stroke as a result of having witnessed this movie
Good, good. I was only using it as a figure of speech. Still, I remember a year ago or so when I was posting on TTT Movie Faramir; I don't think I could quite swear my blood pressure was at normal levels all the time .

Quote:
Its like watching your grandpa get his *** kicked in a subway or something. Maybe not as traumatizing, but still an unpleasant experience for those with the emotional investment in his character

I don't expect you to understand, or even to want to understand. IT just irked a lot of us because of all the things that Big G stands for to them
That explains it to me better, thank you . And I also do understand, at least to a point, your emotions & your frustration with Jackson here. I'm sure I felt much the same thing at a different time--when Frodo sent Sam away. Different parts of the movie touch/irk different people in many different ways, that is certainly a fact of life.

I suppose what I've been trying to say in the last two posts is this in a nutshell:

Everyone has characters that he or she might feel more attached to than others, & everyone will be more upset at times than others. Thank God we are not all carbon-copies of eachother, life would be so boring! But I learned through my old Faramir posts that it is much better (IMO) to discuss dissatisfaction with characters & subplots in a cooler manner, no matter how annoying or personal the change might be.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote