View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 06:38 PM   #18
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye

Hi all, just a short communication, as I'm suffering fom multiple bottles of wine and cans of Stella.

Dimaldaeon, I see your point, but remember the leaning tower of Caerphilly Castle, supposedly having been slighted by the evil warty Oliver Cromwell, still standing today, after 400 plus years. Also I reckon most of Dol Guldur would have been underground tunnnels etc.

Good points on the defence of Ithilien by Gondor, I wonder if Thorongil organised the Rangers of Ithilien originally, will have to check.

PS. Mans, I totally agree with you on the futility of war etc. (in at least 99% of cases) and the misrepresentation by 19th C armchair soldiers, though I think this discussion would be out of ME and more suited to private mails (lest we incur the wrath of the Wights). Blucher at the Katzbach, is that the time he thought he was giving birth to an Elephant sired on him by a Frenchman, or the time he believed that the French had heated the floor of his room so he could only walk on tiptoe?

My weekend plans having been dashed to the floor like so many Blue Wizards, I will attempt to post my thoughts on the Battle of the Five Armies soon.