Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 01:15 PM   #65
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Tom had just put his belongings away and had begun to make his way down stairs when Cedric ran up to him. “Hullo Tom,” he said while trying to catch his breath “I just wondered what time we would have to be setting off tomorrow.” Tom stared at him blankly for a few seconds.

“Hmm… I’d never really thought about that until you asked,” Tom began as they made their way back down to the others. “I think we should all be up at dawn. Then have a good long breakfast here and then set out after, when we are all ready of course. Just make sure your up at dawn.”

Cedric nodded at Tom and they both went into the bar area where all the other Hobbits were sitting. Tom talked to Madoc for a while but it wasn’t long before Melody came and sat next to him. She then asked him to come outside for a second where they could talk privately about something, Tom wasn’t sure what it would be about though.

‘Oh no’ thought Tom. ‘I hope she isn’t going to say something horrible or snap at me like she did earlier’. They both stepped out into the deep snow and it was freezing them both to the bone. Except, in the night sky when Tom looked up, the stars were shining and they seemed to Tom, to be letting of an aroma of warmth which was falling down upon them. He looked at Melody who seemed to have a slightly sad and regretful expression on her face, which was of course unusual for her as she usually happy and cheerful. She suddenly started to speak to Tom about her actions earlier, when she snapped at him, and apologised for everything.

There was then a long pause but suddenly Melody leant towards Tom and kissed him. Tom didn’t know what to do apart from go along with it and after Melody seemed extremely nervous and went back inside as red as a tomato. Tom stayed out for a while pondering his thoughts of happiness and confusion at the same time. Then, as if from nowhere, he heard a knocking noise to his right. He turned to see Madoc with a huge grin on his face.

‘What’s he smiling at?’ Tom said to himself. He was beginning to get suspicious of what Madoc had seen, but Madoc lifted his pint to the window and gestured Tom to come inside. Tom nodded and then had another pint with Madoc, but, now he was extremely tired after the long day and decided to bid Madoc a good night.

Tom left and made his way up to his room. Here he fell into a deep slumber thinking of Melody and the goings on of the night.