View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #179
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Mark/Helen - no, I don't think any exorcisms would be necessary! On a closer read, I see that what I was taking for rituals was a listing of the Celtic Wheel of the Year at the very beginning of the book: pagan holidays by Judeo-Christian standards, but nothing scary! There are a few other places later on where rituals are referred to, but they are things like "do this to discover who you will eventually marry" and that sort of thing. No spells or hexes.

Fordim - You said:
Quote:
Heck, sometimes I feel a bit, well, creepy at the idea of RPing with a 15 year old girl: I mean, what if our characters fall in love with one another??
I just separate the writer from the character. When I am writing in an RPG, I don't even think about who the other writer is. If I did start thinking of the writer in combination with the character, I would find it equally creepy writing love affairs with other women, y'know? It's just a pratfall of the medium. You'll get used to it after a while. A writer's a writer. We're all here to write and adventure and get away from ourselves for a while!

...at least that's why I'm here!

Last edited by Ealasaide; 06-01-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Ealasaide is offline   Reply With Quote