View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #29
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Quote:
Dimturiel, any ideas yet on what sort of a character you'd like to play?
I have some ideas, yes. I've thought of a slightly over-enthusiastic young actor - perhaps around twenty or so - from somewhere in Gondor. I only have a rough sketch in my mind but I'll do some more thinking and come up with more information - and a name - by tomorrow.

Quote:
1). Where, and how, did the Players get their start?
Somewhere around Gondor, maybe? While I agree with what some of you said that the theatre could not have flourished in Denethor's times, I think dramatic arts could have existed in Gondor before, if we take into consideration their level of civilisation and the fact that it was a society that vallued knowledge quite a lot. Usually such societies are the ones more artistically inclined. The way I see it, Gondor must have had theatres before the Stewards came to rule and things started getting nastier with Sauron, when it understandably started to decline. Maybe our troup was intending to reinstate that tradition?