View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #3092
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Day 1s are underrated. Personally, I rather enjoy them.

And I suspect that, in this game, there will be more than enough to talk about (and to base a vote on) on Day 1- and not just the banter.
Oh I don't disagree with you, SpM. What I disagree with is anyone who jumps to attack anyone who doesn't hold the same opinions about how to play. I've been attacked for "meaningless banter" on Day 1 and it left a bad taste in my mouth. But I'm determined to not let it stop me from taking advantage of the unique opportunity Day 1 affords for being a bit looser. Especially in this village, when the character roles are more complicated and detailed than ever before, providing more opportunity to actually use them.

Besides, many a secret plot can be hidden in Day 1, only to be revealed in later Days. We don't all have to play like, say, Nogrod or Roa, to be playing the game "right." In fact, I'm not sure there is a well defined "right" and "wrong" way to play as long as you're into whatever your chosen style is. (That is it say, so long as you don't just neglect the game altogether and suffer mod fire expulsion.)

In short, I don't hate Day 1, and I think it's silly to hate the way other people approach Day 1 if it isn't the way you do it. If everyone played the same way, it would be categorically boring.