View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 12:36 AM   #255
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I wandered disconsolately about the common room, my mind listless. Faran had disappeared like winter’s ice and I could not find him. I suppose I could have sniffed him out, hunted him as a mouse, but I knew that his business was probably not worth my time. Yet I was annoyed: he had left me alone in a strange place, where people milled unaware of where they placed their ponderous feet. Stupid humans. At least Faran always watched where they went.

Deciding to place myself in a conspicuous spot, I picked the place where the chalkboard humbly stood, bearing it’s messages of need. I glided like a golden sunbeam to the board and sat down, wrapping my tail around my paws.

A plump woman with a green dress walked up and read the chalk board (that board should be happy that it gets so much attention) and she reminded me of plum pudding -- only green. I narrowed my golden eyes at her and considered her:

She seemed like the matronly sort of type: frost iced her ambered hair, liquid sapphires served as eyes, lines etched her face and a shadow of sadness lingered upon her mien. I purred softly and prepared to charm her heart.

But then another advanced offering to help her. I shrugged. I could stalk them, then win her over so that she would give me her everlasting devotion. No one could ever replace Faran, but it never hurt to have too many friends. And it was great fun to win the girls.